SqueakMap crashes in 3.10 beta.7158

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 17:05:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 04:31:55PM +0200, Trygve Reenskaug wrote:
> I suppose I have missed something, the question is what?
>
> The VM crashes when I try to install BabySRE-TRee39 package from SqueakMap.
> The VM also crashes when I try to install Balloon3D 1.0.4 package from
> SqueakMap.
>
> OS: WinXP version 5.1, SP 2
> Image: Squeak3.10beta.7158
> VM: SqueakVM-3.10.6
>
> What's wrong?

One problem I have seen with SqueakMap in 7158 came from change
7142.  Some code in DataStream, which is used to read the
ImageSegments used by SqueakMap was broken by replacing several
object identity comparisons with equality. I have not seen a
crash, but I would suspect the problems are related. For this
reason, I am sticking with image version 7137 until I or someone
else resolve the bugs introduced in 7142.