Squeak on DS or other nintendo devices?

Hans N Beck private at hans-n-beck.de
Mon Oct 29 13:14:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

Am 29.10.2007 um 13:34 schrieb stephane ducasse:

> how did you get lua in?

My hardware is: Nintendo DS Lite, R4 Revolution Card
Software: MaxOs,  DSLua 0.6 and DSLua 0.7

The R4 is an adapter in format of a Nintendo game chip, containing a
microSD card (I use 1GB). The micrsoSD card can be filled via extra
USB Adapter.

DSLua is an application (Lua Interpreter) which will be copied to R4
and started by the boot menu of the R4 card (you can start any
applications here). DSLua now scans at start-up  a directory
"script", where you can  select and start your lua scripts. There are
possibilites to start automatically a script during start-up of the
interpreter,but details depend on the DSLua version. Also, DSLua 0.6
can run under DS Emulators, DSLua 0.7 not.

But for the next generation of my application, I want to build my on
application by using C and built-in Lua, which is not difficult. Also
I should mention that the DSLua distribution is for Windows only, but
the scripts and tools fro UNIX can be fetched from the original Lua
distribution.

Thats the short story. If you want the full story, don't hesitate to
ask :-)

Regards

Hans