[Q] Linux and localAddress

glpunzi at lordzealon.com glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Mon Oct 29 15:39:53 UTC 2007

All the OS's, answers 127.0.0.1 if you ask for localhost.

localhost = 127.0.0.1 = this machine

If you don't want to check the ethernet interfaces, one of the best ways
is  *ping* to the machine name. On Windows systems, the command hostname,
answers the machine's name.

I don't know how Squeak works for this.