#copyStack on Error

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 15:29:11 UTC 2007

Let's say I have a process which is consuming events off of a queue.  I
don't want the process to ever terminate.  If the handling of one of these
events results in an Error, even a Halt, this process will be opened in the
Debugger and the user could choose to abandon or terminate at will.  Is it
possible to copyStack the activeProcess and open that stack in the Debugger
for the user.  This way if the User terminates the process, it won't affect
the main process.

I wonder though, if the user resumes, will two proceses be consuming events
from the queue?  Perhaps I can copyStack using copyTo: a specific context
that is above the point of consuming events, such that a resume will cause
the copied stack to go away.

Thanks for any assistance,
Rob