SqueakMap crashes in 3.10 beta.7158

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 01:22:49 UTC 2007

> And for the last time, you should use Universes.
> If your wished code is not in Universes, means author is not active this
> days.
> SqueakMap was a very valuable tool, like any good library is.
> But don't guaranties of code in SM works in 3.10, if not say so.
> And if say works , must be in Universes.

Edgar, you are sounding way too tyrannical here.  As the developer of
the "next Squeak" please find the idea of "software freedom" in your
heart asap.  Help people integrate what they need and want, don't tell
them they're wrong for wanting something you don't care about.

> And for the last time...

I truly hope this *is* the last time we hear something so ridiculous
from you.  There are many avid Squeakers who do not use Universes.  I
happen to be one of them.  SqueakMap is a great Squeak legacy and
allows stuff to be loaded into a clean image.  Universes, to me,
sounds a bit misguided, and far from making rendering SqueakMap
obsolete.

Thanks.