Using the .NET Bridge to access MS Office applications

Vaidotas Didžbalis vaidasd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 19:36:07 UTC 2007

Hello,

We used bridge to call functions of com sever dll from squeak. We
succeeded only when calling very  "simple" functions. We failed to get
non ASCII characters, decimals when decimal separator  in windows is
not dot. Bridge can operate in two modes: sockets or direct. Direct
mode IMO have problems with releasing windows resources. We saw
growth of used handles with every call in  Process Explorer from
Sysinternals. We had "hangings" when tried to call SOAP method that in
turn calls .Net method, but solved this problem.

 Vaidotas