[OT] looking for Beta Testers for a Second Life related tool written in Squeak

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sun Sep 2 14:41:54 UTC 2007

stephane ducasse wrote:
> sniiffff
> I do not have a second life account :(
>
> Stef

The basic SL account is free. You can't own land with the free account,
but you can buy and sell stuff. Uploading a sculpty texture costs 10 L$
however, or roughly  $0.035US (this is meant to reduce the load on the
server, rather than generate profit for Linden Labs). YOU can purchase
Lindens Dollars in lots of 1,000 from within the SL browser if you
establish a credit card account with LL. This would allow you to upload
100 sculpty textures for roughly $3.50 US.

There is a very thriving SL artistic community, many of whom are sculpty
makers. Plopp should be an interesting addition to the tools they use.

Lawson