Getting double semi as sequencer harvested.

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 07:19:29 UTC 2007

Blake wrote:
> Claims were made that pipes could reduce code size by a factor of 10
> while increasing clarity. If true, it's certainly worthy. Even by 2
> would be hard to argue with. One thing about traits is that you can see
> how the code is cleaner (and even then, there's still resistance).

Do you have an actual example of how the code is cleaner or are you
simply repeating what other people tell you? I've been looking for good
examples for traits for a couple of years now but it seems that when
things go beyond the toy examples presented in the papers traits create
more complexity than they help to address.

> It's reasonable to ask for some evidence.

Indeed. Correcting mistakes is reasonable too, but both usually don't
happen.

Cheers,
   - Andreas