Getting double semi as sequencer harvested.

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Mon Sep 3 11:27:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 02:22:17 -0700, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>
wrote:

[a whole bunch of stuff]

I actually penned a more detailed reply but I don't think it would, for
the most part, bear fruit. I agree with a lot of what you said, and
disagree with some other parts. My only purpose in bringing up traits is
that the collection example (while "toy") at least makes a persuasive
arguments, especially when compared with nothing (pipes-enhanced code).

This, however, got me thinking:

> I'm looking forward to it. In my experience the best way to deal with
> complexity is to factor it into objects, not traits, and use trivial
> delegation methods where necessary.

...since (as a long-time Delphi programmer) I'm working backwards from
that viewpoint. Delegation has some great applicability and it can also
enable some terrible design. But if delegation really can serve the same
purpose as traits, it should be possible to refactor the collections class
using delegation and receive most of the benefits without most of the
complexity. Yes?

	===Blake===