FreeType Plus / Mac

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 08:48:43 UTC 2007

Hi
----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Pollet" <damien.pollet at gmail.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general
To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: FreeType Plus / Mac

> On 04/09/07, Ramiro Diaz Trepat <ramirodt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>    But, whenever I set the default text font to some non default font
>> from Squeak, the workspace turns red, with a thin yellow diagonal
>> cross over it and an error pops up as soon as I type anything into it.
>>  The workspace is unusable from then on.
>
> I think that's because you need the BitBlt plugin that is not
> distributed in the mac VM by default. It's in the experimental folder
> on John's iDisk: http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

Thanks Damien; yes, that's right.
It fails when drawing an underline or strikethrough, which Shout does a lot.
I have fixed this so that it will work when the modified BitBlt plugin isn't
installed, but it hasn't been released yet.
I have attached the fix in case you want to try it before installing the
bitbltplugin
Cheers,
Andy