Getting double semi as sequencer harvested.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Sep 4 15:11:28 UTC 2007

On 4-Sep-07, at 6:20 AM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Göran> BUT... pipe? Come on - IMHO this is not even solving a
> *real* problem -
> Göran> just giving us some syntactic sugar - and I generally
> dislike sugar in
> Göran> languages. I think it will just create more problems than it
> will ever
> Göran> "solve". I mean, what problem is it actually "solving"?
> Removing some
> Göran> parenthesis? Is it really worth throwing away compatibility
> for that?
>
> Hear Hear.  My point as well.

I'm of a similar opinion.

They're not pipes. It's a pointless bit of syntactic flummery (and
not even saving any keystrokes!) that accesses no new semantics and
actually looks *worse* than the thing it is supposed to improve. It
is nothing whatsoever to do with functional programming.  Daft.

tim
Useful random insult:- One clown short of a circus.