Fear and loathing of the "perification" of Smalltalk

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 5 01:30:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 11:44:43AM -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Peter> The Perlification of Smalltalk: Curly Braces and the Road to PerlCrypticTalk.
>
> I respectfully request that you not use Perl as a swear word in my presence.

Personally, I find both Smalltalk and Perl to be very appealing. Both have
a unifying philosophical point of view. They are quite different and both
quite enjoyable. I do recall being surprised that you (Randal) had popped
up on the Squeak mailing list, since I associated you with your excellent
books on Perl. But on second thought I should not have been surprised, after
all TIMTOWTDI :)

Dave