Fear and loathing of the "perification" of Smalltalk

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Sep 5 07:02:31 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

on Wed, 05 Sep 2007 00:55:21 +0200, you wrote:

> Damien Pollet wrote:
>> (*) just on this point I'd prefer to write something like
>> {[a]. [:x| x b]. [:x | x c]} valueAsChain
>
> Nah. I want to write:
>
>    [a. b. c] piped.

With Marcus' Reflectivity.image that'd be easy to achieve, there you can
inspect

doSomething
	| a b c |
	"self doSomething"
	^ [a. b. c] home method reflectiveMethod blocks first body statements

 From such an expression it's only a small step to tell the compiler what
you want from the block-of course *not*limited* by some dogmatic ;; syntax
extension ;-) but powered by everything that Smalltalk permits :)

Marcus has shown some expressive examples what his reflectivity can do
post-compile time as well as at-compile time in his ESUG 2007 presentation.

> SCNR,
>    - Andreas

SCNR, either :)

/Klaus