Future of Dolphin Survey

Dolphin Shelter dolphinshelter at opendolphin.org
Wed Sep 5 21:53:52 UTC 2007

Dear Smalltalkers,

As you may be aware, Object Arts Ltd. recently announced that they
could no longer continue supporting and developing Dolphin Smalltalk.

A group of Dolphin users (?Dolphin Shelter?) has since formed to
discuss how to keep Dolphin alive. In close consultation with Andy
Bower of Object Arts, we have decided that the best option would be a
buyout and open sourcing of Dolphin, similar to what was achieved with
Blender.

We have created a two page survey that has two goals:

1) Assess the chances of a buyout succeeding.

2) Ask the community for their knowledge and thoughts on how to
practically go about setting up and making the buyout a success.

The first page is collected anonymously. We ask that even if you would
not contribute any money to the buyout, that you continue to the
second page and share your ideas on how we can make the buyout work.

The survey is at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=F0w4GqMqUCFazkRUXaAL9A_3d_3d

Thank you in advance.

Go Smalltalk!