Thesis - Implementing the Smalltalk Collection Hierarchy usings traits

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Thu Sep 6 11:15:32 UTC 2007

EXCELLENT. I ***really*** wnat to see that.

On 6 sept. 07, at 02:46, claudio acciaresi wrote:

> Hello, we (Nicolas Butarelli and Claudio Acciaresi ) are from
> Buenos Aires ,  Argentina , we’re going to implement a new (we are
> not going to refactor the hierarchy, we are going to implement the
> hierarchy from scratch) Smalltalk Collection ((our idea is  to be
> complaint with the ANSI Smalltalk Collection protocol) Hierarchy
> using Traits.
>
> We would like to know if someone can tell us, how to set up a Trait
> browser, because we have been trying to use different version, but
> none of them work fine.
>
> Does anyone know the exact package and squeak version, that we need
> to use a Trait browser?
> Any opinion on this idea will also be useful, if you have comments,
> please tell us.

It would be really nice to do it the same way damien did it: write
test that can be run on the current implementation
and the new one.

I would love to see if we can get implementation traits and interface
traits. For example can we have different
dictionary sharing the same interface but using different
implementations.

Please keep me in the loop.
Stef