Ideas for a refactoring with traits?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Sep 6 16:11:16 UTC 2007

Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
> May I add, copy&paste via the clipboard (for example, from an external
> web browser) is sometimes not the same as opening a file from Squeak's
> host platform and asking for contentsOfEntireFile. Example contents:
>
> - http://sigmakee.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/sigmakee/KBs/Geography.kif
> - http://sigmakee.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/sigmakee/KBs/People.kif

That would likely be because the default character encoding for files
(UTF-8) is  different from the default encoding of your web browser
(ISO-8859-1). If you change this to say,

	file := FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'People.kif'.
	file converter: Latin1TextConverter new.
	file contents.

you should get the same result.

Cheers,
   - Andreas