Fear and loathing of the "perlification" of Smalltalk

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Sep 7 09:16:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:18:02 -0700, Jason Johnson
<jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I pretty much always use accessors. Except, uh, in the accessors
>> themselves. Heh. But it strikes me as something that should be
>> transparent. I don't see any reason why I should have to write accesors
>> that do nothing but provide access.
>
> If it's this behavior you want it's odd that you hate self so much.

Let's just nip that idea in the bud. I don't hate myself at all. Well, a
necessarily healthy, small amount.

>> Well, yeah. Smalltalk is sort of like Democracy....
>
> I hope that doesn't mean that gradually the bad ideas win out. :(

Ha. Indeed. No, the reference I was drawing was more along the lines of
"Smalltalk is the worst language except for all the others that have been
tried."