Fear and loathing of the "perlification" of Smalltalk

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Wed Sep 12 03:49:20 UTC 2007

Mathieu Suen wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2007, at 2:29 AM, Peter William Lount wrote:
>

>>> So the question is do we consider block as list of statements or
>>> just a chunk of code.
>> They are both as in Lisp.
>
> Ok I am curious. How do you do [a. b. c] values in lisp?
>
>     Mth

Hi Mth,

This pdf article on Lisp has a good explanation of closures.
www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-cb02067-a4.pdf

You can easily see that they are both a chunk of code and a list. It's
an important feature in ZokuScript for blocks to be code and a
manipulatable list like object: a merging of some of lisp with smalltalk
style syntax.

Cheers,

Peter