SmaCC generating empty class categories

Simon Guest simon.guest at tesujimath.org
Wed Sep 12 11:32:03 UTC 2007

I've just started playing with SmaCC, and while I'm quite impressed
overall, I did hit this annoyance.  The auto-generated classes have a
class category of '', i.e. empty string.

I suspect this isn't really allowed.  It certainly stops the Whisker
browser from working.  (But is that a bug in Whisker or SmaCC?)

When I moved the generated classes to my own category, it left an
empty category behind, still called '', and still breaking Whisker.

To fix this, I clicked reorganize in the category list in a browser,
and then deleted the single line ('') in the lower pane which
corresponded to this duff category.  (Is this what reorganize is for?)

I'm left wondering what to report as broken, and where.  (Are all
components of Squeak tracked on Mantis?)

cheers,
Simon