Syntax error when attempting to load FFI-md.12.mcz into Squeak3.9-final-7067 image

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Sep 14 01:17:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 01:50:55PM +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:
> 2007/9/13, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:
> > OK, so eventually I managed to load the FFI package from SM, but only
> > after updating the map. HOw do we expect new users to cope with this
> > complication?
>
> Maybe advertising universe and developing something better.

Bad idea. If SqueakMap needs improvement, then improve it.

Universes and SqueakMap have different and complimentary roles. Both
are important, and both tools will need to be maintained after their
original authors move on to other interests. The absolute last thing in
the world that we need is yet another partially-implemented "improvement"
over the last thing that was superficially "not good enough".

Dave