Assembly Language

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Sep 15 09:28:09 UTC 2007

El 9/14/07 6:50 PM, "Chris Cunnington" <cunnington at sympatico.ca> escribió:

> Thank you very much for replying. Well, I'm newish to computers and
> programming. I'm surrounded at the computer clubs I attend here in Toronto
> such as Unix Unanimous, The Toronto Linux Users Group, The Beach Outings
> Club (my Smalltalk club) by people who have been programming forever.
>
> I'm also a member of the Toronto PET Users Group, which has been going since
> 1979. That's PET as in Personal Electronic Transactor from 1977 and
> Commodore. Next week I'll be going to TPUG to attend a discussion about Demo
> programming. That's in the Demoscene, which is mainly Europeans writing
> video demonstrations and SID chip music on their Commodore 64's and Amigas.
> Wild, really, that they do that.
>
> I mentioned Jim Butterfield, because I wasn't programming in the early
> 1980s, and I know he's famous amongst people here in Toronto and, obviously,
> at TPUG, so I assumed you'd heard of him. A bit of a stretch, I guess.
>
> So, I'm interested in 6502 assembler, and I just bought Randal Hyde's "The
> Art of Assembly Language" for the 80x86 set. The point of this is that I've
> gotten into a large topic -- computer programming -- and I keep trying to
> see it from different points of view. Assembly seems to me another great,
> bottom up way to learn about this stuff. Being surrounded by people who know
> so much more can be anxiety producing, so I'm climbing the learning curve,
> and I favour the historical approach, thus the interest in old computers,
> Commodore, and such.
>
> I liked playing Gemstone Warrior. Actually all my brothers and sister did.
>
> Commodore 64. Still Ready.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris Cunnington
I miss the first mail but see the replies.
I was a 6502 and Apple II fan.
Maybe you wish know is possible to have Apple II inside Squeak, I attach the
files.
And I have a odd proposal to you..
What if we build a Morphic simulator of the 6502 chip ?
Kind a educational project ...
Could be useful to some, I think.

Edgar