Too many browsers!

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Sun Sep 16 11:39:49 UTC 2007

> I miss the "debug it" menu item.
> I miss the create (all) inst var accessors function.
> I prefer the old "senders" -> menu of selectors behaviour.
> Old browser is faster in general, see next item.
> Having used the OB for a week or two I discovered that my memory had
> grown by over 70Mb, as OB slowed to a crawl.
> It took me several hours to find "DPRecentlyModified invalidateCache."
> to get that memory back.
OB is still "not finished" and therefore, it's often slow... but I think
it's a promising effort... and each time, there is a feedback developers
integrate the fixes according to remarks, so thanks for your feedback :)...

> I am really looking forward to the package oriented first pane.
This already exists but you need to load an extension in the official
monticello repository http://source.wiresong.ca/ob/  under
OB-Enhancements then you'll ba able to choose
OBMultipleSelectionBrowserAdaptor that provide the package oriented
first pane (monticello package). The nice feature is that you can
publish/browser/see history of packages from the browser which is to me
very handy.You also have the possibility to open multiple panes, by
shift clicking on nodes.
Last, you can load still from the official repo, Mondrian and
OB-Enhancement-Diagrams. That will provide nice diagrams view of your
classes (UML, Blueprint, System complexity....). Nevertheless, I think
all that need to be faster and better integrate but this shows the
interest of the OB framework...

Cédrick