Smalltalk flyer

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Tue Sep 18 07:52:09 UTC 2007

Damien Cassou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Serge and I (with the help of Damien Pollet and Alexandre Bergel) have
> made a Smalltalk flyer for french conferences. You can see it at
> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/flyer-smalltalk.pdf and download LaTeX
> sources at https://svn.squeak.org/Advertisement/flyers/smalltalk_fr/.
>
> Please give me comments and advice about it. Even if you can't read
> the text, you can tell me how it looks like.

I would not be strong about the code "not being in files", because
that's what file-ins do as ugly as the chunk format can be.  Mentioning
files in the context of the image can be confusing.  I would say only
that "the Smalltalk environment includes a persistent object store, the
image.  It contains the application code (classes and methods), the
objects that compose the application state, and may even host a complete
development environment to inspect and debug the application on the
fly."  That's because the development environment does not need to be
included once the image is deployed.

I would also alphabetize the glossary.

Great job!

Paolo