Improving ToolBuilder

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:07:21 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

2007/9/18, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Damien Cassou wrote:

> >> ^UIManager default
> >>         chooseFrom: {request okChoice. request cancelChoice}
> >>         values: {true. false}
> >>         title: request prompt.
> >

> > This is not the same thing. With the other method, there are 2 buttons
> > with coloured icons. This looks more like a confirmation dialog.
>
> On the Squeak's that I have easily access to, it is the same, bit for
> bit. It also seems strange that PopUpMenu would offer a confirm dialog
> with horizontal buttons (the whole idea of PopUpMenu is to present a
> vertical arrangement of choices).

You are perfectly right. I don't know what I was looking at when I saw
these two horizontal buttons.

However, there is a #confirm: method on UIManager, would be cool to
have a #confirm:yesLabel:noLabel: too. In this case, there are two
horizontal buttons

> >> ^(UIMananger default
> >>         request:request prompt
> >>         initialAnswer: request template) ifEmpty:[nil]
> >
> > There is a difference if the user really wants an empty string so this
> > does not work either.
>
> Well, I guess then you have a problem. There is currently no alternative
> available in UIManager; it's either that or nothing.

That's why my post was titled 'Improving ToolBuilder'. Is there a way
of changing ToolBuilder?

--
Damien Cassou