Quick comparison of two Namespaces proposals

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Sep 18 16:36:33 UTC 2007

Maybe you should look at Gorans proposal first.  In general, :: would
separate the prefix from the class name in such a way that the tools can
hide Kernel:: except when there's ambiguity, or in file outs.  Formalizing
prefixes that we all currently do by convention anyway while keeping the
simplicity of a single global namespace and avoiding the need for imports.
It's actually a nice proposal and :: doesn't look bad at all, since you'll
hardly ever see it.

Ramon Leon