Quick comparison of two Namespaces proposals

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:44:45 UTC 2007

On 18/09/2007, Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Period works okay if Period followed by whitespace is an expression
> separator, and period followed by a printable character can be part of a
> name.

granted

> What's a variadic message?

With unknown number of arguments (e.g. implicitely passing a
collection of values). It's not in smalltalk but Ian Piumarta thought
of in for Pepsi, and it is a plausible future extension.

> I'm not sure what the status of underscores are. Currently I think they're
> still a hack for the back-arrow in the squeak image, and from what I hear
> they are not accepted in Croquet? It is possible to free them up and make
> people use either a Unicode back-arrow :-) or :=.

Well my suggestion was more a joke, knowing that there would be
technical problems because _ is not completely eliminated yet. But
still, it would be nice to reclaim that character for other purposes.

--
Damien Pollet
type less, do more [ | ] http://typo.cdlm.fasmz.org