Quick comparison of two Namespaces proposals

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 04:16:43 UTC 2007

With st/x I used to struggle with dependencies between packages which
included references to globals/classes. To avoid any such early bound
references I used to  define a class called CLASS which you could use as

CLASS Array
CLASS String

as a short hand for Smalltalk at: #Array etc. This worked very well for me.

so thinking out load if my CLASS behaviour could be added to Class so that

Class WASession -> WASession

and we define WA similarly, then

WA Session -> WASession

If we make WA the current 'in' namespace, then Class could take that
into account, so that

Class Session -> WASession

for tool support, each prefixed class would need to know its
prefix.namespace so that tools could show the class name in browsers
without the prefix.

WASession-namespace

^WA

its late....