Dev image slowdowns

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Thu Sep 20 14:59:16 UTC 2007

Hello list,

I've been using Damien's dev images, and specifically the beta-web
(sq3.10-7121web07.07.01, although it has been upgraded), and I've
noticed that it has been getting slower over time. By "slower", I
mean the responsiveness of the tools. I have to click multiple times
to select items in OmniBrowser or in the Debug windows. My web
application is still as speedy as ever, so it doesn't seem like a
general slowdown.

I'm not using Dynamic Protocols, because they were very slow, but
after turning them off, the image was very responsive.

I recall someone mentioning in passing a cache somewhere that could
be cleaned out, but I can't remember enough to search successfully
for the reference :)

Any suggestions would be welcome!

- Brian