BUG with OrderedCollection new writeStream ?

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:04:11 UTC 2007

Le 20/09/07, Damien Cassou<damien.cassou at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Les streams de Squeak sont incapables de traiter autre chose que des
> String et des Array. C'est un des avantages de Nile.

I thought it was not a squeak-dev message, that's why I wrote in
French, sorry. Here is an English version:

Streams in Squeak have never been capable of dealing with classes
other than String and Array (and some subclasses). This is one of the
advantages of Nile which is able to work with any kind of
SequenceableCollection. It does so by using the Hollywood principle.
The stream asks the collection to grow and to write elements in
itself. I also implemented
OrderedCollection>>replaceFrom:to:with:startingAt:.

Bye

--
Damien Cassou