Dev image slowdowns

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Fri Sep 21 07:46:31 UTC 2007

Igor Stasenko a écrit :
> On 20/09/2007, Michael Fremont <fremontmj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that, even with dynamic protocols off, the OB is really
>> slow when looking at big classes like Object.  Trying to scroll down
>> the method list is very frustrating.
>>

> Such behavior indicates that there is something wrong with List(or
> PluggableList) morph, which thinks that its not clipped and trying
> rendering all items, instead of those, which you can actually see.
> Of course, its only a suggestion.

Something like that... Browsing Objects is slow since icons are
displayed in the method list...Basically, I think there is a full lookup
at all methods and not only those that are visible (is it easily
changeable ?). This slow display basically occurs in Object which is
easy to understand. I added some otherkind of Icons (call super and
other stuff) and this was terribly slow.... Either we could desactivate
OBIcon for Object (not optimal but easy) or adopt another Icon mapping
strategy ?

Cédrick