Squeak Roadmap ...

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Sep 21 10:54:17 UTC 2007

El 9/20/07 9:46 PM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> escribió:

> Which packages were removed in 3.10?
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

In 3.10 base
#('Flash' 'StarSqueak' 'SmaCC' 'Speech' 'Movies' 'FixUnderscores' 'OB'
'OmniBrowser' )
        do: [:ea | (MCPackage named: ea) unload.
And some Morphs.
Could be see in

ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10 > unloadSome
ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10 >  unloadMorphicClasses

I could remove 39Deprecated, all SM (could be loaded to base without
problem), ScriptLoader, Nebraska and Etoys now.
Etoys raise undeclared as I said before.

Morph should be partitioned of 1.3 mb actual .mcz to several .mcz as I show
in http://www.squeaksource.com/Ladrillos.html.

Maybe at this time don't was real packages, but I sure if Ralph let me to do
at 3.10 begin my life was easier.

Touching only a method, as last Jerome summit to Mantis don't need I
download and load again 1.3 mb only for prove the "Monticello way" is no
good for a complete release

People working on 3.8.1 6747 don't use (use old good .cs) and I see they
have several things we should have into 3.10

I could reach MinimalMorphic coming from top (Pavel do different).
Also I show many time ago how have Preferences into MinimalMorphic exporting
Preferences.obj from regular Squeak and loading into MinimalMorphic
If all test and classes go into a bigger Test package , the image shrink
more.
Tests-edc.25.mcz    Edgar J. De Cleene    2006-12-11 10:24:12   (From
http://www.squeaksource.com/Ladrillos.html)

Always  you could load later.
Or not if you know all you do works and no need test.

Exist many ways of cracking eggs , and hope no a new Lilliput war.

Edgar