Squeak Roadmap ...

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri Sep 21 15:48:41 UTC 2007

> > Now it is also important to learn from the failure of
> VisualWorks new
> > UI: they tried revolution and failed
>
> They didn't fail. They had a working product with people
> using it to build stuff. They just decided to not ship it.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Which is certainly a failure in business sense at least.  Whether it was a
technical failure or not doesn't make it any less a failure.  Also,
technically, it failed to offer enough compelling advantages over the
current UI to be worth adopting (which was the goal), so I'd call it a
failure in the technical sense as well, despite the fact that it was
apparently a perfectly good framework.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com