creating instance variable accessors

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Sat Sep 22 13:18:16 UTC 2007

tim Rowledge wrote:
> Please, please, don't get in the habit of willy-nilly making accessors
> for every instance variable. All you're doing that way is opening the
> door to writing C code.

I will not dispute your wisdom here.

But in this specific instance I had an object with lots of variables
which contained data gathered for and supplied to a web page.

I could even see situations where it would be easier to create them all
and then delete the unnecessary, rather than creating only the necessary.

Any way, none of this conflicts with your wisdom above.
And a note of caution is welcome. Especially from those of us who
haven't had the years of experience to gain some of the hard earned
wisdom available in this group.

Thanks.

Jimmie