PR Team Request: Submit this story to Slashdot

Chris Cunnington cunnington at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 26 15:39:43 UTC 2007

Please read the press release for the book 'Squeak By Example', and submit
the story to Slashdot.

http://www.squeak.org/PressRoom/NewSmalltalkBookNowAvailableSqueakbyExample/

http://slashdot.org/submit.pl

YOU MUST MENTION SQUEAK'S A PART OF THE OLPC.
We need to hook into the current wind of G1G1 news spreading throughout the
media.

Q: On the contrary, that is who you wanted to be: someone who was less
headstrong in his youth, less impulsive, less like me. The downside is as
follows: the Jean-Luc Picard who you wanted to be, the one who did NOT fight
the Nausicaans, had quite a different career from the one you remember. That
Jean-Luc Picard never had a brush with death; he never came face-to-face
with his own mortality; he never realized how fragile life is, or how
important each moment must be. So HIS life never came into focus. He drifted
through most of his career, with no plan or agenda... going from one
assignment to the next, never seizing the opportunities that presented
themselves. He never led the away team on Millica 3 to save the ambassador,
or took charge of the Stargazer's bridge when its captain was killed... and
no one ever offered HIM a command. He learned to 'play it safe' ... and
never got noticed by anybody.

Chris Cunnington
PR Team leader