How to remove Network connection?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Sep 27 15:28:58 UTC 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 17:03 , <Patrick.Chenais at bit.admin.ch> wrote:

> Hello
> I am using Squeak 3.7.
> A few seconds after Squeak is started, I get the following message
> (translated):
>
> The Window Firewall has for security reasons some functions from
> this Program diseable (or blocked):
> The Network administrator can block this programm for you: Squeak
> [ OK ]
>
> I would like to get rid of this message (but not by accepting with
> OK). It seems that a service try to perform a connection to
> Internet. Which one ?  How to stop this request?

Interesting. You would have to find out what it is trying to do - did
your firewall give a specific port? Which "some functions" where
blocked? Is it opening an outgoing connection or starting a listening
service?

> WAKom.
> Celeste.
> ComancheService.
> EToyListenerMorph.

These four start-up items have something to do with networking.

What image do you use? Pristine Squeak 3.7 full image?

> SystemDictionary allInstances first

The only instance of SystemDictionary is called Smalltalk.

- Bert -