PR Team Follow Up

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Sep 30 14:35:06 UTC 2007

>>>>> "CHRIS" == CHRIS CUNNINGTON <cunnington at sympatico.ca> writes:

CHRIS> My impression of this is that the editors did not know what to do with
CHRIS> the story and so left it in the Firehose section to see what kind of
CHRIS> reaction the story had on the Slashdot forums. There was not a great
CHRIS> deal of forum activity for the story, and so I think they took that as
CHRIS> an indication that they could pass the story over.

I wouldn't worry so much about the slashdot crowd.  They're mostly in an echo
chamber these days.  What would be interesting is to see how Digg'ed you can
get for this story.  The Cool Kids are reading Digg (and Reddit too, but to a
lesser extent).