[squeak-dev] FW: [UI] Call to arms

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Tue Apr 1 15:03:24 UTC 2008

Gary,
Interesting!

I am working on an object oriented programming paradigm (as opposed to
the class oriented programming of Simula, C++, Java and others).
The goal is readable code.
This work may or may not be relevant to what you have in mind.
A first shot at the programming paradigm is ready with its roles and
classes and is documented, see
see this book chapter at http://folk.uio.no/trygver/2007/babyUML
<http://folk.uio.no/trygver/2007/babyUML.pdf>.pdf
<http://folk.uio.no/trygver/2007/babyUML.pdf> or my home page

A first read-only version of this IDE is emerging. I plan to demo it in
Bergen at the end of the month.
A Role isA Trait enabling classless coding of the system interaction
methods,
A role is represented in the code as a Pragma, so the Trait isn't quite
stateless
I have not needed to change Morphic or any other fundamental feature)

I hope to have a first bleeding edge version of this IDE ready in the
not too distant future so that you can play with it.

In haste
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway