[squeak-dev] GStreamer progress

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Apr 3 02:14:54 UTC 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 3:49 PM, Takashi Yamamiya wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> The result was:
>
> 35 run, 30 passes, 0 expected failures, 2 failures, 3 errors, 0
> unexpected passes
> failures:
>       GStreamerTest>>#testHttpPlayBin

I don't believe playbin works on olpc.  See
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4827 the issue of playing speex files
from http:

>       GStreamerTest>>#testPlaySeek

Not sure if this is a seek error, or we should be waiting a bit longer
for the state to change, I need to look into this.

Ok I added a new call in the plugin and rewrote how we look for the
last state-changed message.
You'll need to pickup the latest changes, then build a new plugin and
retest..

> errors:
>
> GStreamerTest>>#testPipeCheckPadHookupoggAudioNormalToSqueakAudioSink
>
> GStreamerTest
> >>#testPipeCheckPadHookupoggAudioNormalToSqueakAudioSinkSeek
>       GStreamerTest>>#testPipeCheckPadHookupToSqueakAudioAndVideo)

These were disable on purpose when I was trying to figure out why
playback to squeak video did not work.
Which was related to 16 bit versus 32 bit video.  We then migrated
from using GStreamer plugins
for squeak audio/video sinks to using the pipeline peeking via
fakesink and I've not re-tested.

But I have updated MC and re-enabled them. As I'm building a sugar
environment at the moment I can't confirm if they
work on the OLPC.

--
=
=