[squeak-dev] Re: Upgrading running servers?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Apr 4 14:49:31 UTC 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 7:25 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> We currently don't do this mostly because I'm unaware of a low-
> latency proxy/forwarding solution that we could use (obviously we're
> more concerned about latency than most web-based services). What do
> you use to redirect the incoming connections?
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

In my past experiences as a network guy I always felt it was easier to
blame the network. Well like people blame the GC for a variety of
problems.
In reality some usage of a protocol analyser and trace program is
require: http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1176.html
to figure out what exactly is going on and where the millisecond
disappear.

As you know guessing is usually wrong.

--
=