[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] April 2008 versions

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 16:35:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 6:26 PM, kengbrown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
> --- In squeak at yahoogroups.com, "Damien Cassou" <damien.cassou at ...> wrote:
>

>  > On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at ...> wrote:
>  > >  It seems to me that using the Installer to load the 'Latest', and 'LatestUnstable' fixes is
>  a great way to get the latest fixes into the image for trying things out. Otherwise fixes
>  tend to get forgotten and don't ever get into the latest image. I'm thinking all the fixes
>  from <http://installer.pbwiki.com/> must at least be good enough to try out and exercise
>  to see if there are issues, before we put them into the image for good. At the moment
>  trying to install 'MinorFixesUnstable' results in a dialog notifying of a syntax error.
>  >
>  >
>  > The problem is that people are working with these images. If a patch
>  > is not stable, other developers won't like that. What I can do
>  > however, is to add a documentation in the ScriptManager. This
>  > documentation would contain a link which, once clicked, would load the
>  > patches. What do you think?
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Damien Cassou
>
>  I think that would be a good idea. You already have a couple scripts there, you might want
>  to add all the stuff from <http://installer.pbwiki.com/> as optional. And tell how to see
>  documentation as to what all the fixes are before they get loaded.
>  As it is now, I am doing all that from my custom Installer script for rebuilding my desired
>  configuration on top of your latest dev images.
>
>  Having the latest fixes available from Script manager will go a long ways towards getting
>  the fixes tested more fully.

Could you please start working on that? You have full access on the
repository http://www.squeaksource.com/ImageForDevelopers/. You just
have to add methods in the 'construction - scripts' category of the
DEVImageCreator class.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good