[squeak-dev] What turns off newcomers

Dale Weber robotguy at hybotics.com
Tue Apr 8 01:20:45 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 16:36:29 Sean Heber wrote:

> For what it's worth, as a long time lurker and essentially a non-user
> myself with a background in "traditional" languages, these two
> passages nearly completely nailed how I feel about Squeak and the
> idea of using Squeak as it exists now.  I couldn't have said it
> better myself - and I've tried.  :-)

	I've already been through a lot of this.  What -seems- like it should be
relatively easy is apparently very difficult, like creating an image from
scratch or getting some one to help do it so I can learn.  Nobody seems to
want to take the time.  I'm still interested in using Squeak for Robotics,
but it isn't anywhere near usable for that yet - not enough access to low
level hardware for embedded system use.

	8-Dale
--
I can handle complexity.  It's the simple things that confound me.
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.org and