[squeak-dev] Re: What turns off newcomers

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Tue Apr 8 08:40:58 UTC 2008

> Take Rio for example, which has gained some fans, it has been available
> for over a year now, and is about ready for an api review.

Count me in for that, as I just reimplemented parts of Rio in GNU
Smalltalk (in the sense that I looked at the API document on Squeak and
refactored the code in GST to obey that API).  I only implemented the
basic parts + ZIP access (no recursion yet, no renaming yet), but I do
have some ideas on what's nice and what's less nice.

Paolo