[squeak-dev] Re: The Blue Book on ACM

Victor Rodriguez victor.palique at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:36:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:47 AM, cdrick <cdrick65 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does someone know if there are online service to print it as a book
>  (as lulu.com for squeak by example). I imagine, this is not possible
>  to open the same kind of account as SBE because of ACM copyright. So
>  if someone know an equivalent service for one book / one pdf, I'm
>  interested.

Back in 2006 I thought about the same thing: using lulu.com to print
some of the books kindly made available by Prof. Ducasse.  I asked
lulu.com and the following excerpt summarizes the response:

"... The Lulu membership agreement runs on trust, mostly; and this
means that if you say you have the rights ( in the ownership sense ),
and / or the right  ( in a moral sense ) to publish this work, then we
believe you...."

My idea was to "privately publish" a book and just order one copy for
myself.  At the end, I did not actually print anything, and lulu.com
might have changed their policy since, so better ask again (and please
report back!).

Saludos,

Victor Rodriguez.