[squeak-dev] What turns off newcomers

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Apr 8 14:40:30 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com> writes:

Michael> One of the reasons that it is unlikely that my Namespaces
Michael> implementation will be able to be part of the squeak.org image is
Michael> because I plan to do away with the "Smalltalk" SystemDictionary and
Michael> reorganise everything into individual, live Packages, each containing
Michael> hierarchies of Namespaces and Classes. The community here would never
Michael> agree to such a radical change.

I'm jumping in here only partially informed, but I know Cincom has a namespace
mechanism.  Is your framework similar, perhaps even compatible?  And would
there be a reasonable way to file in legacy classes into such a new system?