[squeak-dev] Re: 1.0 not a valid VersionNumber?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 16:57:24 UTC 2008

John Thornborrow wrote:
> Wouldn't that just be "Version 1" ?

Simplified example. The real version number I'm interested in looks like
"1.0.34". But it looks like VersionNumber is a no-go for me anyway as
you can't even compare, e.g., '1.1.1' asVersion <= '1.2.3' asVersion.
Does anyone actually use VersionNumber? I must be missing the real use
cases for it.

Cheers,
   - Andreas