[squeak-dev] extending monticello to support swiki development?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Apr 15 02:20:07 UTC 2008

On 14-Apr-08, at 7:48 AM, Hal Eden wrote:

> i was looking at some of the MC2 stuff, and the fact that the unit
> of versioning has changed and the use of the idea of slices seem
> like they are steps in the right direction. the parts that seems to
> be the most difficult are the templates and the resources such as
> icons.

Yes. In MC2 the versioning model is better separated from the domain
model that will be versioned. That is, it's less tied to Smalltalk,
and can more easily be retargeted at something like a wiki. At the
moment it's not completely domain-agnostic, but I'll be working on
that in the next few weeks. I plan to carve Smalltalk support into a
separate package and make it possible to mix and match domains,
according to what you need for a specific project.

I haven't been following this thread in detail, but let me know if
you're interested in exploring the possibilities, and I'll catch up.

Colin