[squeak-dev] squeak profiling

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 12:56:02 UTC 2008

2008/4/20 Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com>:

>  Riccardo> Hi!
>
> >> Open transcript then do it on:
>  >>
>  >> 10 timesRepeat: [Transcript show: 1 tinyBenchmarks printString;cr]
>  Riccardo> What I'm doing is:
>  Riccardo>  - run startsqueak
>  Riccardo>  - dragging a trasncript window from the tools bar to the 'desktop'
>  Riccardo>  - write the line you suggested me
>  Riccardo>  * wait for the magic, but nothing happens :)
>
>  Riccardo> Shame on me... mm how do kids actually sort it out ? :)
>
>  Transcript is not Workspace.
>
>  Transcript is where you see things.
>
>  Workspace is where you type things, then use do-it or print-it or debug-it.

Actually there are little difference between transcript and workspace
or any other place where you can enter text and press 'doit' :)
Inspector and debugger related to context, so you can send messages to
inst vars or use method's temps or arguments in expression.
But it makes little difference for expressions which is context free ,
like '0 tinyBenchmarks'

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.