[squeak-dev] Sake/Packages

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 20 16:02:41 UTC 2008

For those who are interested the anatomy of a task,

AnyClass-c- #taskDoThis: aParam

^ SakeTask new: [ :task |

       "if a depended upon task fails then the process stops"

       task dependsOn: "list of tasks" {  AnyClass taskDoThat.  [ self
isReady ].  (SakeTask class: 'SomeClass') exists. }.

      "block or list of tasks, the last item has to return true for the
action to happen"
       "if a task fails, then the action is considered, not needed"

       task if:  {  (SakeTask class: 'SomeClass') exists }.

     "block or list of tasks"
      task action: { self doTheOther. [ "do something else" ].

]

there are a few wrinkles to be worked out but it has been working well
for me. We await some file managing tasks as found in Make/Rake

Keith