[squeak-dev] Install on Debian / Ubuntu binary-amd64

Edward Stow ed.stow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:12:46 UTC 2008

Hi

I'm having real problems installing squeak on my server environment -
either a Debian etch or Unbuntu 7.10 , the machine is a 64
architecture.

Neither the unbuntu multiverse or the http://ftp.squeak.org/debian/
repository have a working installable version of squeak.

ubuntu binary-amd64 is missing the squeak-vm package, and the squeak
repository does not have a binary-amd64 architecture package.

I have tried to compile the vm  but errors start with the
/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:30:  -- pretty sure
that I dont have the libraries.

Note I don't have X installed.

Any suggestions on how to proceed ... apart from creating my own deb
packages ...

--

Edward Stow