[squeak-dev] Mac OSX ID

Marc Nijdam marc_nijdam at mac.com
Wed Apr 23 18:35:24 UTC 2008

if you're willing to write a plugin here's a native snippet of C/ObjC
you can use to get the serial number.

     io_service_t platformExpert = IOServiceGetMatchingService(
         kIOMasterPortDefault,
         IOServiceMatching("IOPlatformExpertDevice"));

     if (platformExpert) {
         CFTypeRef serialNumberAsCFString =
             IORegistryEntryCreateCFProperty(platformExpert,

CFSTR(kIOPlatformSerialNumberKey),
                                             kCFAllocatorDefault, 0);
         IOObjectRelease(platformExpert);
     }